August 13, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday...Black & White Details

I don't usually like to wear black and white in the summer, but this past Sunday I pulled out a dress that has been hanging in my closet for two years...yes, I said TWO years, and I had never worn it until Sunday!

 Outfit Details:  Dress:  Hand me Down (original unknown); Wedges: Payless

It's one of those dresses that is just all about the details.  I love the embroidery on the dress, along with the handstitching on the neckline and the hemline of the dress.  It was pretty much a major hit at church...the thing that I found most ironic was that I got more compliments from men on this dress than I have ever gotten with any other outfit.  I don't know why?? I got a lot of love from this dress, so it is definitely one that I will wear again (probably not this year, but next year for sure!).


You would think that I would wear these shoes all the time in the summer, but in reality, there just aren't a lot of outfits that I wear these shoes with.  In fact, I think it is the first time this summer that I have worn them to church!  Crazy.  I do think it was the perfect shoe for this outfit, though.


Are you counting down the days to fall?  I am so ready to begin posting fall outfits instead of summer clothes!  Let's hope these next couple of weeks bring our wonderful summer weather to a close!

Happy Wednesday!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.


1 comment:

  1. Beauuful crochet detailing in white on the dress, love the style and your pretty wedge sandals. So tan, I am very fair skinned so I burn!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete