September 7, 2014

A Look into my Beauty Routine...Part Two

Today I'm going to show you what's currently in my makeup bag.  Pretty much all of my cosmetics come from Walmart or Walgreens, because I just don't want to spend a lot of money on makeup.  I'd rather save that money for clothes ;)

For my foundation, I use L'Oreal true match.  I have used this for about two years and love it.  I do change up colors in the summer and winter, because I tend to have a nicer tan in the summer and I need a darker shade.  On days when I am going to church or somewhere nice, I use the L'Oreal true match foundation, sun beige W6.  When I am in a hurry and don't want to spend a lot of time on my makeup, I simply use the L'Oreal true match liquid powder (compact makeup), and I use the neutral buff beige N4.  The reason I use two different colors is that they don't carry the same colors in the compact makeup as in the foundation, and I also realized that the compact makeup tends to go on a little lighter, so I needed to go with a darker shade in that.







After my foundation is applied, I use the L'Oreal true match blush in subtle sable, warm W5-6.  I just recently changed colors and I really love this color on.

Once my blush and foundation have been applied, I use the Ulta Powder bronzer.  I love this because it evens out my foundation and darkens up my face in general just a bit.  Sorry about the picture below; that was the best I could find!


 Once the foundation is all done, I apply my eyes - I start out by lining them with L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner.  I have used ALL.KINDS. of eyeliner and mascara, let me tell you.  I just recently tried this new eyeliner, and I absolutely LOVE it!  I almost didn't try it because of how thick the pencil is, but I have loved the application of this liner and it really lasts for a long time.  I bought it in black but next time will buy a brown pencil.  I think brown makes your liner not look quite as harsh.  I also use my liner to fill in my brows just a bit, because my brows are very thin.

Not long ago I tried out the Revlon eye shadow, and I cannot even tell you how much I love it!  I bought the 555 Moonlit Revlon colorstay with the four colors in it, and on the back it instructs on how to wear all four colors.  I don't know about you, but I have a tendency of getting into a rut of wearing my makeup the same way for like 15 years, so I have enjoyed changing up my eye routine a little bit.  This eye shadow lives up to its promise to last 16 hours!  I was surprised with how long this shadow lasted!



As I said earlier, I have tried so.many.kinds of mascaras, and the last time I ran out, I tried the Almay Get up and Grow, and so far I am really liking this mascara.  I don't know if I have seen any significant growth ;), but I do like the wand and feel like it helps with volume and length of my lashes.  It does say on the bottle "one coat", but I have to apply two or it does not look like I have very much mascara on.

After my face is pretty much done, I apply my lips.  For a while now I have pretty much done a fairly neutral lip.  I start out by lining my lips with Maybelline Rose 05 lipliner, and then I apply my lipstick, L'Oreal1165 Tickled Pink. 



And that's it!  I have had to try lots of products and spend a good bit of money on things I didn't like to get to where I am today - with a makeup bag full of products that I actually like!

I'm always up for hearing things that are working for you with your cosmetics!  If you have anything great that you just can't live without, please do share!  Hope you've taken some ideas from the last two days of beauty posts.

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment