September 12, 2014

Anniversary Dressin'

On August 17, my husband and I celebrated a very special day.  It was our two year anniversary for the church that we planted, Fayette Baptist Church.  It is so crazy to me that two years have already passed!  In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we started out on this journey, and sometimes it feels like we have been on this journey for the last 10 years!!! 

I began looking early this year for the perfect dress.  I wanted trendy but not edgy, fashionable yet appropriate.  I found what I felt like was the perfect dress in March, and I had to wait until August to wear it!  I can't tell you how hard that was!!! But I did it and I'm so glad I saved it for the special day.

Outfit Details:  Dress:  Ross Dress for Less;
Necklace & Earrings: Charming Charlie;
Heels: Shoe Show (old)
 
I felt like this dress was such a great expression of who I am!  I love the 40s and 50s style dresses, and the swing and silhouette of this dress reminded me of those types of dresses.  I loved the trendiness of the chevron detail.  I loved that it was a one piece yet looked like a shirt and skirt.  I was just so pleased with this dress and was so happy that I found it!  And it always makes me happy to pull these red heels out of my closet, even if my feet were not happy by the end of the day! 
 

Don't you just love it when you find the PERFECT dress for the PERFECT occasion?  That makes me so happy!

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment