October 15, 2014

Don't Wear Buddies...

So can we just talk for a sec about how important your shoes are?  In the past, shoes were not very important to me - I spent all of my budget on my clothes, leaving no money for shoes.  Then one day my husband and I had a very interesting conversation.  It went something like this:

Me:  I think shoes can kind of make or break your outfit; what do you think?
Drew: Oh, definitely!  Don't ever wear buddies.
Me:  What?  What are buddies?
Drew:  You know, just really ugly shoes.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  I mean, you can have an awesome outfit on, but if you have on buddies, it's all over.
Me:  All righty then.  Thanks for the input!

I went away from that conversation a little enlightened.  I mean, my hunk of a man is not really all that impressed by fashion.  But clearly the shoes make a difference to him.  I can't tell you how many times he has commented on the shoes that I wear.  So I think it's kind of important.  Don't you?  Here are a few shoes that I have my eye on.  I will be pinching some pennies, because I really want these shoes...

I absolutely LOVE these heels from Payless.  Have I shared these before?  If so, enjoy their awesomeness all over again:



It's interesting; I noticed a few days ago that I do not have nice knee high boots in black or brown!  I have cowgirl boots and riding boots, but no knee high boots that would work for some of my dressier outfits.  I really like this pair from Payless...


I absolutely love these shrug boots from JC Penney.  They have them in a nude color, which I would absolutely love to have...


I'm also needing a pair of brown or cognac colored booties for the season...I really like this pair from Rack Room...


And lastly, I have had my eye out for a while for a red pair of shoes...red is SO hard to find!  Wine and burgundy are really popular this year, which makes it even harder to find a true red.  I found these at Shoe Carnival and I ADORE the detail on this shootie...it has bows on the back with a laceup detail to the bow...they are just so adorable!  But at $70 for the boot, I don't think I'll be getting these any time soon.

Where do you get your shoes?  I need some affordable options, people!  Give me some advice, please!!

Happy Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment