January 7, 2015

What I Wore Wednesday...A Casual Christmas

This Christmas, I could definitely define my style in one word:  CASUAL!  And for all of you who know me really well, I'm sure that surprises you.  I mean, I can totally admit that I'm the girl whose casual usually includes some kind of heel of some type.  I just don't like or do casual very often.  However, this year was a little different.  Christmas Eve found me in Christmas pajamas all day.  True story. 

For Christmas day, every year we are at my dad and mom's house pretty much all day, and I knew I wanted to be comfortable but cute.  I  ended up wearing a very comfy tunic with some jeans and my lace up boots.  I allowed my kids to go comfortable, too, and my oldest daughter made sure to tell me that she loved my outfit AND the fact that she didn't have to be all dressy all day! ;)

Here's a look at my casual Christmas outfit...

 Outfit Details: Tunic:  The Perfect Fit (local Boutique); Scarf: Gift;
Jeans: Hand me down (Old Navy Rock Star); Lace up Boots: Payless Shoe Source;
Boot Socks: DIY from some of my husband's socks!
 
As you can see in my outfit deets, I did DIY these boot socks.  I was looking at some boot socks and couldn't get over the fact that they are like $10 for a pair!  So instead I came home and dug through my husband's sock drawer and found a pair of large gray socks - they even had a furry feel on the inside, so they're cute turned over the boot like I have them here or just worn straight on the leg above the boot.  I just cut off the foot and wear a pair of socks and then just wear the boot sock like a cuff instead of a sock.  Free boot socks instead of $10 boot socks are much better; don't you think?!
 
My husband has admitted that he really, really dislikes scarves, so I try to limit my scarf wearing, but it just seemed like this tunic needed a little extra boost...so this next pic is all for you, babe! ;)....
 
 


I especially loved this tunic when I saw the elbow patches.  You all know how much I heart elbow patches...not to mention the extra fabric at the bottom creating the "untucked shirt underneath" look added a fun dimension, as well, to this tunic!


I loved my Christmas outfit and was glad that I was comfortable all day! 

Hope you're enjoying your holiday break!
Happy Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment