June 6, 2014

Jewelry Organization

I don't know about you, but I have a ton of jewelry. I just keeping accumulating more and more of it, and I can't seem to let go of any of my old stuff. What if I just absolutely NEED all three pairs of those coral earrings at some point??? I mean, one is more dressy, one is more casual, and one is in between...you see my dilemma. This led me to, "Where do I store all of this jewelry?" I've tried several things over the years...jewelry boxes, drawers...but ultimately, I love to have my jewelry out on display. I like to have it all out where I can see it at a glance and I do not have to go digging through things for the one piece I'm looking for. I've found that I wear a bigger variety when it's all out in the open this way. Today I'm going to show you what I've come up with for now. I'm constantly changing things up, but this is what I'm loving for the time being.

 
                                            

This is a piece that I just love. Julie gave me this as a wedding gift, and it has been perfect for holding all of my earrings. I have had it mounted on my wall for awhile now, but I still needed something for the rest of my jewelry. I left the top drawer in my armoire empty and I put these cute bowls in it to hold my bracelets. Like I said though, I like to have my jewelry out visible. Also, I just had my necklaces laying in that drawer and they kept getting tangled. I asked Jesse to build me a necklace holder & he came up with something really cute! 


       

I set this small little table underneath my earring holder with these two bowls on it. One bowl holds my rings and watches. The other holds any earrings that won't attach to the green wire rack (hoops, studs, etc.).



I LOVE the necklace holder that Jesse built for me! He had the wood already and I had a Hobby Lobby gift card which I used for the paint and the knobs. I wouldn't have thought about putting a shelf on the top, but it was perfect. I used the smaller bowls that I already had to hold all of my bracelets. 


                                        

I was really pleased with my little jewelry corner! It doesn't take up much space, and everything is out where I can see exactly what I need for each outfit. What about you? Do you prefer to have your jewelry out in the open or stashed away? Do you have any tips for organizing your jewelry? 



No comments:

Post a Comment