June 11, 2014

Pink & Camo + Date Night!

One of the things I thought I would NEVER wear is camo.  I mean, for one thing, I'm just not a camo girl.  Although I do like being outdoors, I do not like camo in my closet - anyone else like me out there?   However, I've been seeing camo with pink everywhere, and that is one thing I CAN do.  There's just something about pink that is eternally girly.  Last week I played with the church band at our youth camp, and I wore this outfit for a fun change...(don't really think I would wear the camo pants to a regular church service, being the pastor's wife ;)).

Outfit detailsPink sweater: Hand me down (originally Target); 
Tank top: JC Penney; Camo Pants: Walmart; Wedges: Marshalls

Let me just say here, what is going on with Memphis weather?!  Yes, in the above picture, I have on what I like to call a good "summer sweater", but I usually only wear those at the very beginning or very end of the summer season.  However, here I am in almost the middle of June, wearing summer sweaters.  I don't understand...

I talked on my blog here about how that last week I celebrated my 12 year anniversary!  Drew and I went out for an evening on the town, and unfortunately it was basically a monsoon outside, so I couldn't go with my original outfit I wanted for our big date.  Instead I wore this...

Outfit detailsJean Jacket: Old Navy; Dress: Hand me down (originally Target);
Belt: Hand me down; Wedges: Marshalls

Despite the dreary weather, we had a great time, and Drew mentioned more than once how much he liked my outfit.  So, all's well that ends well; right?

Here's hoping that next week I can share more summery fashion!

Happy Wednesday!

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment