June 10, 2014

Simply Stated

   What a week!! My husband has been working on the construction for a youth building for 18 months now. Last Sunday was our grand opening of the building! It was a huge day for us-in the life of our church, youth ministry & our own personal lives. So, you know what that means...I HAD to get a new dress for the occasion!!! I wear clothes dated back to my high school years all the time so don't think that I have to get something new for everything. But, this was ultra-special & I knew I NEEDED to do this.
   I headed off to where I get 90% of my dresses-Ross. I tried a few on but none were just really sticking out to me. I knew what I was wanting-something very unique & different, something colorful & summery, & something "youthy" since we were opening the new youth building. I came across this dress at TJMaxx for $14.99! I put it on & just knew it was THE dress!! I knew I would put my little denim jacket(which was given to me by a friend) w/ it since it was spaghetti strap. I don't really like wearing spaghetti strap dresses to church. Let me rephrase that...I NEVER wear spaghetti strap dresses to church!
   When I got ready to pull the outfit together, I started thinking about what jewelry to put with it. Whereas most of the time I like to make a statement w/ my jewelry, with this dress, since it popped so much already, I wanted some very low key jewelry. (If you remember Stacy's post "Details" last week, which I totally agreed with, this was kinda the exact opposite. You can either have your jewelry make a statement & your outfit simple, or you can have your outfit/dress make your statement & your jewelry be simple!) I just didn't want my accessories to take away from the dress. The dress is reallly a lot cuter in person than what it shows on camera! I simply went with my diamond earrings given to me by mom that were my grandmother's. I was pleased with how the outfit ended up.
    The last detail are the brown wedges. I got those from TJMaxx also. They were a little more expensive than I what I usually pay for shoes but I remembered my grandmother had given me money for my birthday that I had saved! So, I used that & it worked out perfect!! They are comfortable, which was very helpful since I did a lot of walking, standing & holding babies on Sunday.
Stay posted for more blog posts from me on how to get a good deal, swimsuit shopping, & other various outfit pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment