June 13, 2014

the basics

Do you ever have a hard time finding the basic pieces for your wardrobe?  I don't know why, but tees and tanks are always hard for me to find.  I am kind of particular about the fit and feel of these items, and so I won't just pick up one of these unless I really love them.

A while back I went on the hunt for some new tanks.  Most of mine were getting old and dingy, and I also needed some colors that I didn't already have.  I proceeded to text the sisters and ask them where they get their tanks...to which I got three completely different responses!  I got everything from one sister likes racerback tanks, to one likes short tanks, one likes shelf bra tanks...well, you get the picture!  So I got to thinking, what do I like in a tank?

I decided a few things about my tanks are essential...wider straps, for instance. I like a long tank top, because I like to layer and have my tank hanging out from underneath my shirt.  Quality is important, too, because I wear my tank tops a lot, especially as undershirts, and I am constantly washing my tank tops.  No racerback, no shelf bra, not too low - my list was pretty long!

As I began looking, it was hard to find all of these things in one shirt!  But finally, after looking all around the city, I found a tank that I fell in love with!
                          

I found the Joe Fresh Essential tank top at JC Penney, and I love this brand!  Even after washing it several times and wearing mine for over a month pretty regularly, I still really love this tank!  Originally they are $10, but they run specials on them fairly often, and I got mine for $5.  Not bad for a great quality tank top!  I ended up getting a few of them in different colors since they can be so hard to find!

Just wanted to share my great find with you all.  Happy shopping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment