July 16, 2014

A Maxi & A Date Night!

I've shared before that I'm not crazy about maxis on my frame - it could have something to do with the fact that I'm only 4'11" - not a lot of leg to work with a maxi skirt or dress!  I did wear a maxi on Sunday, though, and I got a lot of compliments on it.

Outfit details: Top, Skirt and Belt: Hand me downs (originals unknown);
Necklace: Charming Charlie; Bracelet and Earrings: Body Central;
Black Wedges: Payless

This skirt is a lot of fun...it's one of the see through skirts, but didn't have anything underneath it, so I just got a white half slip to wear underneath it.  It almost looks like a cheetah print, which is probably one reason why I couldn't resist wearing it!  Did you notice that everything except my accessories and shoes were FREE?!  That's probably another reason I couldn't resist wearing it ;)  Here's a closer look at my shoes, which I absolutely love...

 

And my 8 year old photographer couldn't resist snapping a silly sideways picture...

 

I wanted to share one more outfit with you...on Friday night, Drew and I were taken out by a couple at our church and treated to dinner at Ruth's Christ Steakhouse and then to a night of fun at the bowling alley!  I wanted to wear something cute enough for dinner but casual enough for bowling.  I'm loving all the gold this year, so I pulled out this cute shirt that I haven't worn since last year and paired it with some gold accessories and nude wedges.  The top is a light ice blue color and has gold round sequins on the shoulders, and I think it ended up being the perfect balance of cute and casual for the evening!



Outfit details: Top: Ross; Skinny Jeans: Walmart; 
Necklace and Earrings: Body Central; Betsey Johnson Watch: Macy's;
Gold Bracelet: Target; Cross Bracelet: Hand made by yours truly! :)

Do you have a hard time coming up with casually dressy outfits for a night out?  I always seem to struggle with that!  Have a great week!

Happy Wednesday!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

1 comment: