July 30, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday...Summer Dressin'

Can you believe July is almost over?!  About this time of year, I am pretty much over summer.  I love the change of seasons, but fall is definitely my favorite of all the seasons, and by the time August hits, I am ready for the smell of crisp fall leaves burning in my wax warmers and for the leaves to turn from green to orange!

Although I am pretty much done summer shopping, when I saw this dress, I couldn't refrain.  The bright colors and amazing price ($12!) couldn't be passed up.  I really love the higher waist and the deep pleats in this dress.  The dress is also a heavy material, which makes it feel more sturdy and gives a nice quality feel to it.


Outfit DetailsDress:  Ross; Shoes:  Payless Shoe Source

I just love a great summer dress!  I thought I would share my top three favorite dresses from this summer...


As you can tell, I love bright summer colors and bold patterns during the summer!  Also as I'm sure you observed from the pictures above, I've already darkened my hair in anticipation of fall, and I expect that over the next few weeks I'll be pulling out more warm colors in hopes that my wardrobe will bring along cooler weather!

How early do you start wishing for fall?  And which is your favorite dress that I wore this summer?

Happy Wednesday!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.



4 comments:

  1. Hello! I am also a southern blogger. Love your dresses, but the print on the yellow and blue is fabulous. Love the cut on you.. THis is beginning to be one of my fav color combos
    rom the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in the dress are so pretty and the silhouette is perfect for you! I can't believe it was such a great deal. It will probably transition to fall with a great blazer or white shirt underneath.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blue and the yellow together here!

    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous dress! Love the yellow and blue together!
    Visiting from the WIWW link-up :)
    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete