August 20, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday...Thinking Outside the Box

I'm not really a creative person, not really someone who "thinks outside the box".  But I'm trying to push myself to be that way when it comes to my clothes!  Normally I put together the obvious.  I gravitate towards what's "safe".  So I'm taking baby steps in trying to do new things:  new color combinations, pattern mixing, etc. 

A couple weeks ago I borrowed a skirt from my mom and paired it with a top that was not so "obvious" to me...

Outfit Details:  Top:  Hand me down (original unknown); 
Skirt:  Borrowed from my mom; Belt:  Goodwill (only $2!);
Wedges:  Plato's Closet

Normally I would go with the obvious choice of top with this skirt:  a white top of some kind.  But I wanted to do something different, and I think it came out looking cute!  Not only did I pair the pink and turquoise together (a color combo that I love!), I also mixed patterns - the skirt has little polka dots and my shoes are cheetah print.  Way to go me; right?!



 
I also carried my new purse from Francesca's - I have been loving this purse, and know that it is going to be great through the fall, as well!!

 

I know that this is not a huge step outside of the box or anything, but for me, this is a great first step!

What about you?  Do you have trouble thinking outside of the box?  Do you mix patterns and put together fun color palettes? 

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget to count the pattern on your watch band.

    I like this outfit but I think I would prefer a little less action at the neckline. If it were my outfit, I think I would wear a simpler gold necklace, or perhaps no necklace at all. The ruffles on the blouse and the v-neckline are an attraction by themselves.

    And, shhhh, don't tell anyone, but to me, animal print reads as a "solid". lol

    ReplyDelete