September 10, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday...Out with the White...

So can we just talk for a sec about how I am so totally a creature of habit?  All my life I have grown up with a mama who taught me that there is a set season for white - the dates that you are allowed to wear white are between Easter ad Labor Day.  No white before Easter.  No white after Labor Day.  Now that fashion is giving its nod of approval to white year round, this southern dresser is just having all kinds of problems with that idea!  And so I just have to admit that I will ALWAYS be a seasonal white wearer.  I made sure to wear my white jean capris one last time before Labor Day. 

Outfit Details:  Jean Jacket: Old Navy (very old); TShirt: JC Penney;
Jean Capris:  Old Navy; Shoes: Platos Closet (originally Target);
Necklace: Body Shop
I just have to point out here that my belt cost $2 and came from Goodwill!  And as far as honest confessions go, I hate Goodwill.  Lots of my friends say that they get great deals there, but I NEVER find anything there - I drove out to the supposed best.Goodwill.ever {which was about 25 minutes from my home} and walked out with this $2 belt.  That's it.  Go me.
I'm loving these shoes that I scored at Plato's Closet for $6!!!  I do love my Platos.  It's like Goodwill on steroids. 
This beautiful Gianni Binni purse also came from Platos.  I love it because of its gold color - it's gold without being too gold, if you know what I mean!
So there you have the end of the white season for me.  Here's to warm colors and scarves and hot apple cider.  Wait, I don't even like apple cider.  But you know what I mean!
Happy Wednesday!




Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment