October 22, 2014

Black & Red

The color combination I seem to always fall back on when I feel like I have "nothing to wear" seems to be black and red.  It's a little more fun than just black, and gives just enough pop of color to make me feel like I've actually put a little effort into my outfit for the day.

A few nights ago Drew and I attended the MidSouth Baptist Associational yearly meeting, and I just felt like nothing was appropriate to wear.  I didn't want to wear jeans, and I didn't want to wear a dress.  I couldn't dress for cold weather, but it's not hot either, and besides that, all of my summer clothes are packed away.  Nothing seemed to work.  So I fell back on my old faithful - yep, red and black.  It's not my favorite outfit ever, but it works when you're in a hurry.

Outfit Details:  Top: Hand me down (original unknown); Pants: Walmart;
Shoes:  Rack Room shoes
 
I love the tops where the back is just a little longer in the back than in the front, and this top is like that.  I absolutely LOVED these shoes when I laid eyes on them, but when I wore them, they were extremely uncomfortable.  I do not think I will wear these very often.  I hate it when I make purchases like those (at least I bought these with a gift card, so I am not really out any money)!
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday!

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment