December 22, 2014

Christmas wish list

I can't believe we are only a few days away from Christmas! The excitement is growing in my home! Around here we all love Christmas. We love all the traditions, the delicious food, beautiful lights everywhere and most of all the reminder of Jesus birth and what it means for all of us. We are having so much fun taking it all in this week. This year, due to lack of planning on my part, we haven't done near as many activities as we normally do for Christmas. Normally I try to pack our schedule with tons of holiday get togethers and events to fill our December calendar. This year, I didn't have the time to do that. I thought this would leave me and my family feeling like we missed out on some things. It has been just the opposite. We have been able to enjoy the things that we have scheduled so much more and enjoy our time together just being together as a family with friends and close family. In my quiet time a few weeks ago, I was reminded that Satan wants us to fill our calendars so full with activities that we forget to truly reflect on the reason for this season and spend quiet times with our Lord in the stillness. Is there any stillness to be found in December?? Yes! If we choose to say no to every option that could fill our calendar sometimes we find we have more time to truly enjoy this season and enjoy Him in whom we are celebrating! I hope this week we can all choose together to make time to enjoy some quiet moments in God's word and in prayer celebrating Him and the birth of Christ.

In our family, Christmas has always been a BIG deal. We love exchanging gifts and celebrating. Here is a look at some things I'm hoping I may find under the tree on Christmas morning!! I am loving this plaid tunic. I love the length and pattern of this tunic and know I could get a lot of wear out of this! I also love this adorable hair clip. This fun workout shirt would be a great addition to my workout wear because it pretty much sums up why I spend so much time running. Haha.

Merry Christmas!!







No comments:

Post a Comment