March 25, 2015

High or Low?

Untitled #5


                                                                                                       

One of the things that has really bothered me lately about all of the fashion blogs that I love to look at is that everything is SO expensive that these bloggers are promoting!  I love fashion just as much as the next person (probably MORE than a lot of people!) but I get convicted when I spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes and purses...on material things in general.  Drew and I have set me a monthly budget (and it's not very much!) to buy me and the girls things that we need, and with whatever money we have left over, things that we want.  Because of that I'm very careful about what I buy.

I thought it would be fun to show that you don't have to have the high end of things to have nice things that are current season!  Looking at the items above, can you tell which ones, 1 or 2, are high end and which are affordable fashion?  I'm going to break it down for you!

PURSES:  #1 is a Michael Kors, so obviously it's high end!  But I love the #2 option just as much, which is from Charming Charlie for only $40! I have had my eye on this purse for a little while but will probably have to wait and combine two months of my budget to get it.  Ha!

STUD HEELS:  #1 is Valentino, so obviously that's the high end!  I actually like the #2 option even better.  I just bought these heels in two different colors, one in a nude patent leather and another pair in a beige floral pattern.  I have NEVER gotten as many compliments as I got on these shoes when I wore them last week to church.  I can't wait to show a picture of them.  They are absolutely my favorite pair of shoes I have ever owned (and I loved them so much that I bought the nude pair after I had already bought the floral pair!).  The ones I got were only $27.00 after shipping and tax off of Ebay, so I felt like they were a really good deal for a beautiful shoe!

DESTROYED DENIM SHORTS:  #2 is Rag & Bone, so they are obviously high end!  I have looked ALL OVER the city (and in San Diego when I was there!) for a pair of (longish) pair of distressed denim shorts, and I finally decided I would just have to pay a little more for a good pair.  HOWEVER, at $209 for these R&B shorts, there was NO WAY I would ever pay that for a pair of shorts!  I found these shorts (#2) on Necessary Clothing's website and I had a $20 off coupon for my first time purchase, so after shipping and tax, that made these shorts come in at under $30.  They also have a 5 1/2" inseam, which I think is the perfect length, not too short but not bermuda style, either (the 5 1/2" is not pictured above; that is a shorter length in the picture shown).

UPDATE:  I accidentally posted the wrong shorts on here - the above pictured pair is a pair I was debating on getting, but I ordered these instead:
Untitled #6




 All of the details that I listed above are still the same; I just realized I had posted the wrong store.

So there you have it!  I love to look at high end items and find them at affordable prices; don't you?!

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment