June 17, 2014

How to Bargain Shop

   I don't know about you but I LOVE to find a good deal! I put a lot of effort into whatever I'm buying to make sure I am getting it at a good price. I don't buy impulsively. I know what's in my closet & I think about whatever I'm over & over before I buy it. I've talked to a lot of girls who say they just don't know how to bargain shop! Other than just shopping at cheaper places like Ross, how can you find a bargain? Well, here are a few tips!
   1. Every store has a clearance section! It may be one rack or it may be a small area in the store. Either way, find it!! For instance, TJ Maxx has their clearanced clothes in the middle section of the store with a sign that tells you it's marked down prices. I'm sure you've all seen Target's clothes marked down area - it's on the left hand side all along the wall. It goes from 30% to sometimes 70% percent! Old Navy's section is right before you get to the dressing room! Go through the clearance aisle!! You never know what you may find!
  2. For Target specifically, if the price on the orange sticker ends with an 8 it will be marked down again. If it ends in a 4 that is the final time it will be marked down.
  3. Even places like Ross have a clearance section. For instance, on one or two racks there, they will have marked down clothes. I have gotten some dresses there for as low as 4.99 & 6.99!
  4. I used to could go many places checking prices but with 3 kids in tow all the time that is not a reality. So, I get online to check to see what it's going for before I go out. But, I have found that sometimes you can find a better deal in the store than what you can find online!
  5. This is hard to do but if you can shop for the opposite season sometimes you can find a steal of a deal! Last spring, I went to Gap & found a grey, blue, red, green, & beige cardigan all for $2.97 each & 4.99 each! It was AMAZING!!!
  6. It just takes time & practice!! Give it a shot! It is totally worth getting more for your money!

Now I want to show you some steals lately that I have gotten!! I bought these two good quality sweaters from Old Navy last week for $.97 each! You see that right ninety-seven cents! I can't wait to put a button up shirt underneath them for the winter!


I bought these shoes from Target for $14.98. I had checked around before purchasing these & the going rate was about $30. I could've waited till they were marked down more but they only had 2 pairs in my size so I snagged them! I'll show you a picture or two of how I've already worn them! I've worn them w/ pants, capris & dresses!




Then about a month ago, I got this gem from Goodwill...a perfect, floral, feminine dress! I paid $4 for it! Now, don't be afraid to go into a second hand store like that. Just be careful & make sure it doesn't look faded or worn out.


I scored this Nine West purse at Hope's Closet for $9.99!! I am very excited about this purchase!



Hope this helps you in the area of shopping on a dime! I can't wait to show you my new swim suits...& I can't wait to tell you how much I paid for them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment