June 25, 2014

WIWW: Dresses & Skirts

Last week for What I Wore Wednesday, I shared with you one of my absolute favorite summer dresses (if you missed it, you can check it out here).  Today I have two outfits I want to share, and one of those is yet another great summer dress!  Unlike Katie, who is a self-proclaimed "casual dresser", I would choose a dress or skirt any day...going to the zoo?  A dress, please.  A basketball game?  Yes, still a dress, please.  Church?  Absolutely.  Always a dress, please.  I mean, to me it's a no brainer; a dress is the answer for almost any and every fashion occasion.  I am a firm believer that you cannot ever have too many dresses!  On Sunday morning I wore one of my favorite summer dresses to church...


Again, I worked two different patterns with my dress and shoes.  It's fun to throw a little pattern mixing into my style!  I also didn't go matchy-matchy with my shoes and accessories...I'm hoping the green shoes and purple accessories worked well together?

Outfit details:  Dress: Hand me down (don't know where it originally came from);
Shoes: Hand me down (originally Charlotte Russe); Earrings: Body Central;
Necklace: Passed down from my Grandmother! :)
Betsey Johnson Watch: Macy's

Wednesday night for church I pulled out one of my more casual skirts and paired it with a sleeveless jean shirt.  Simple, but nice.

 Outfit details: Shirt: Walmart; Skirt: Hand me down (Originally Old Navy);
Wedges: Marshalls (Franco Sarto); Necklace: too old to remember
Earrings: Walmart

Am I the only one who loves going to the dress every time?!  I am trying really hard to dress a little more casual this summer, but so far, as you can see, it's not working out so well!  Oh well...we'll see what I come up with next week!

Happy Wednesday!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment