July 2, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: 4 for the 4th!

Anyone who knows me knows you can always count on me to be one thing:  a holiday dresser!  Yes, I love to celebrate each holiday with my style and fashion.  I just love it!!

To top that off, I don't know of any color combination that is more wonderful than red, white, and blue.  Is it because it stirs up all kind of patriotic pride?  I don't know; all I do know is that I LOVE to wear this combo!

So today for What I Wore Wednesday, I have four recent outfits I have worn in honor of the fourth - let me correct that - three outfits I have worn.  One of them I wanted to wear, but wasn't able to because of the nasty weather on the day I had planned on wearing it.  Anyways, here they are in all their patriotic glory...


This is one of my favorite dresses, and I especially love pulling it out on the 4th and adding a pop or two of red through my accessories!  I wore this on Sunday morning to church.

Outfit Details:  Dress: Hand me down (originally Old Navy);  
Red Necklace and Earrings: Charming Charlies; Nude Heels: Target

Although I love this dress, I really didn't want to wear it on Sunday, because I have already worn it this year (remember how I said HERE that I only like to wear my dresses one time per season?  yeah, I had to break down and do just that on Sunday...).  Originally I had planned on wearing this next outfit, but the shoes are suede and are brand new, so I definitely didn't want to take my chances on ruining them the first time I wore them!  So this is my 4th outfit that I didn't get to wear this year...

Outfit Details:  Red & White Shirt: Ross; Blue Tank top: Old Navy;
White Skirt: Hand me down (original unknown); Suede Wedges: Payless

Aren't those shoes amazing?  Here is a closer look at them:


I love me some shoes, and when I saw these, priced at $14.00, I had to have them!

This next outfit is more toned down because the red is not as vibrant, but I still got a lot of "patriotic compliments" the night I wore this to one of Drew's basketball games...

Outfit details:  Chambray shirt: Ross; Shorts: Marshalls;
Gladiator sandals: Rack Room Shoes

These shorts are a very light red and white pinstripe - I just love pinstripe!  Here is a close up of the shorts:


And lastly, this outfit is an unquestionable shout out to the 4th...

Outfit details: Top: Plato's Closet (Original unknown); White Tank top: JC Penney;
Red Pants: Plato's Closet (originally walmart); Red Wedges: Payless


And there you have four different outfits in honor of the 4th!  Can you believe that I'm still not done?  Be sure to check my blog, murphyfamilymadness.blogspot.com, on Friday for a couple more 4th of July favorites!

So thankful for all of the men and women who have fought in the past and present to keep us safe and free here in the US of A!  

Happy Wednesday!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment